Thursday, December 17, 2015

New Day

Furtive glance at the sundial
Brand new day, already on my way
Sun beams through my baited breath
Awake with clouds of praise 

And I'm giving this day Lord to You
With it's hilltops and potholes, You'll see me through
And at the end of this day, please let me say
All glory and honor to You

The rhythm of the day rolls right along
When hiccups come I hold tight to your song
Stretching my faith, testing my steps
Feeling weak until I fall on that cornerstone

And I'm giving this day Lord to You
It's got victory and weakness, You're leading me through
And at the end of this day, I want this life to say
All glory and honor to You

Shadows stretch and my shoulders feel weary
I glance back at this day and see your loyalty
My patience is tired but You know who I can be
You won't let these obstacles overwhelm me

And I've given this day Lord to You
It was triumph and failure, but You walked me through
And at the end of this day, on my bed I lay
Giving glory and honor to You


© Jena Rutan 2015. All rights reserved. 
Scripture references are from the NASB.